Event

LUNAFEST
11
Apr
2014

LUNAFEST

  • Length:06:30 pm

LUNAFEST is a traveling film festival of award-winning short films by, for and about women. This season, a program of nine films — filled with stories of reflection, hope and humor — will travel to over 150 cities and screen in front of 25,000 people. Each year, various organizations bring LUNAFESTs to their communities and raise funds for their local non-profits as well as the main beneficiary – Breast Cancer Fund.

Join us for a pre-screening reception featuring music, food and drink, and a Silent Auction of Adirondack chairs painted by local artists. Then enjoy this year’s LUNAFEST films for, by, and about women.

 

The Films

Date With Fate – by Venetia Taylor
When it comes to blind dating some things are meant to be – whether you like it or not. 
Flying Anne – by Catherine van Campin
A young girl with Tourette’s syndrome takes “flight” to navigate life with her tics.
Maria of Many – by Alexandra Liveris
Meet María—Mexican immigrant, domestic worker, committed mom and activist.
Sidewalk – by Celia Bullwinkel
A woman walks through life, confronts her changing body and learns to love herself. 
Tiny Miny Magic – by Danielle Lurie
When Sam and her mailman exchange presents via her mailbox, an unexpected love connection blossoms.
First Match – by Olivia Newman
A determined female wrestler prepares for her first co-ed high school match.
Granny’s Got Game – by Angela Gorsica Alford
Seven fiercely competitive women in their seventies bond and play winning basketball, proving you are never too old to do what you love.
Running Dry – by Dimitra Nikolopoulou
A woman impacted by economic hardships journeys into contemporary Athens.
Sounds Shadows – by Julie Engaas
Enter a world where sound gives shape to space.

 

 

The LUNAFEST Story

Connecting Women Through Film

Established in 2000 by LUNA, the makers of the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, LUNAFEST connects women, their stories and their causes through film. This traveling film festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking themes.

Equally important, LUNAFEST can be used as a “fundraiser-in-a-box”, helping hosts raise money for nonprofits in their own communities, as well as for our main beneficiary, the Breast Cancer Fund. 100 percent of all net proceeds are donated to charity. Since its inception, LUNAFEST has grown from a single annual event to a coast-to-coast force with more than 150 North American screenings each season. To date, 110 filmmakers have been featured, nearly $1.9 million dollars has been raised and thousands of attendees have come away moved, entertained and inspired.

LUNAFEST is designed so that one person can easily make a significant difference in the lives of women. Whether that person is a filmmaker who tells an untold story, a host who raises funds and awareness for a cause or an attendee who leaves with a new perspective – each is a catalyst for impact.

 
FRIDAY, APRIL 11
6:30pm
TICKETS: $50**
buyticketshere
**All proceeds from LUNAFEST are donated to charity. 85% of profits from this showing will benefit Girls on the Run of the Shenandoah Valley, the remaining 15% goes to LUNA’s primary cause partner, the Breast Cancer Fund, an organization dedicated to identifying and advocating for the elimination of environmental causes of the disease.